Rev Up Your Career
Come join our friendly, small shop in the beautiful San Bernardino area! We are currently seeking a skilled and dedicated Mobile Diesel Technician to be a part of our team. Drop by our shop to learn more!
At Inland Empire Fleet Maintenance, we take immense pride in delivering high-quality maintenance and repair services for a wide range of vehicles, including fleet, heavy-duty, light-duty, and medium-duty vehicles. Our commitment to excellence has propelled us to become a leading company in California. We owe our success to the hard work and dedication of our exceptional team of professionals.
If you possess a true passion for diesel trucks and boast a strong background in vehicle maintenance and repair, we welcome you to explore the exciting career opportunities available at Inland Empire Fleet Maintenance. Joining us means becoming part of a team that is fully devoted to providing unparalleled service and ensuring our customers' complete satisfaction.
We deeply value our employees as they form the backbone of our success. As such, we are committed to fostering an environment where they can thrive and feel appreciated. Our company culture is centered around collaboration, continuous learning, and personal growth. So, if you're ready to be a part of a dynamic and supportive team, we'd love to chat.
- Perform routine maintenance, scheduled preventative maintenance (“PM”), DOT Inspections and follow-up repairs to Class 6-8 trucks and trailers in a mobile/roadside environment.
- Diagnose, adjust, and repair various types of truck and trailer equipment including, but not limited to the following: Electrical/Brake/Cooling Systems, Starters/Alternators, Air conditioning systems, Fan clutches, Engine electronics, Power steering systems, Engines, Transmissions (manual and automatic), Clutches, Differentials, Oil and Fluid changes etc.
- Fully manage your own service vehicle
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers and pressure gauges.
- Communicate with your service team and customers about jobs that are in process.
- Document and upload pictures of work performed, parts used, and all findings observed
- Accurately complete DOT forms and all other forms of documentation in a timely fashion.
- Work with a high degree of independence and manage your own daily schedule with a high level of productivity
- Manage incoming and outgoing parts inventory for your jobs and equipment provided on a service truck and perform periodic reconciliation.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with assigned customers and vendors.
- Safely drive to and from customers' locations for jobs.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- 8 years of heavy-duty truck repair experience
- Valid driver's license
- ASE Certification for brakes & PMI
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and their drivers.
- Proficiency in the use of mobile devices, navigation of mobile applications and use of email to document repairs and communication. Ability to learn new platforms
- Willingness to work varied schedules and work outdoors / in the elements at customer yards/locations.
- Must provide own hand tools up to ¾”.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, multi-task and apply initiative.
- Great attitude & punctuality, safety conscious, good instincts, organization skills and self-motivation
🗓️ Full Time: 7 am - 3:30 pm
💲 Bonus Offered
❤️🩹 Health Insurance
🏖️ Vacation Pay
🩺 Retirement Plan
Salary Range: $35-$38/hr
Interested techs should send their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the number of applications we receive, only qualified candidates will be contacted.